Welcome to Savoury Chef
Savoury Chef is committed to maintaining the confidentiality, integrity, and security of your personal information. We adhere to our statutory privacy obligations concerning your personal information as set out in the Personal Information Protection Act, SBC 2003 ch. 63 (“PIPA”). Personal information is defined in PIPA as being recorded information about an identifiable individual.
2. Collection of Personal Information
While availing of our services, we may require certain personal information from you, such as your name, address, email, phone number, and specific event details for which you require catering. We limit our collection, use and disclosure of your personal information to that information which we require to provide you with our top-tier services tailored to your preferences and requirements.
3. Use of Our Website
Our website may use session cookies which are stored in temporary memory and are not retained after you sign out or close the browser session.
4. Use and Disclosure of Personal Information
We use your personal information to serve you better. This might involve:
- Processing and managing your catering preferences and requests.
- Communicating with you regarding your requested services.
If you provide us with personal feedback, we will use such feedback to improve our services. We will only republish any feedback that you provide if you first provide us with written and informed consent, specifying what you consent to be re-published and how it may be republished.
Please note: We do not, under any circumstances, sell, trade or otherwise share your personal information with third parties without your prior consent.
5. Technical and Security Measures
To ensure the safety of your personal data:
- We use a reputable catering software to store and manage our data, including your personal information. The provider of this software is contractually required to ensure that it has the most diligent security safeguards in place.
- Access to this catering software is provided only to our employees who require access to provide you with our top-tier services tailored to your preferences. Our employees are contractually required and committed to safeguarding your personal privacy.
- Our software is transferred over the HTTPS protocol between our catering software’s Microsoft Azure servers and the user. This guarantees data confidentiality during transmission.
- Sensitive information is encrypted using either MD5 or SHA256 encryption algorithms.
- Importantly, we do not store any credit card information directly in our catering software or at our premises. This information is housed directly with the card processor’s servers. Our catering software sends requests to them via integration to execute transactions.
6. Your Rights
Under the PIPA, you have specific rights regarding your personal data. These include the right to:
- Access the personal information we hold about you;
- Request corrections to any inaccurate personal information;
- Withdraw the consent that you provided for us to collect, use and disclose your personal information;.
- Lodge a complaint with our internal Privacy Officer if you believe we have mishandled your personal information, and if you are unsatisfied with our response to the Office of the Information and Privacy Commissioner.
To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at [Insert Contact Details].
8. Contact Us
Nikki Goodwin, General Manager
Thank you for choosing Savoury Chef. We remain committed to delivering superior service while protecting your privacy.