The strathcona BIA association is showcasing an expo for all of our great neighbours!
Tickets are FREE! Come try some of our custom takoyaki.
The Strathcona Business Improvement Association (SBIA) is inviting the public to a “Meet the Makers Expo” to celebrate innovative businesses in the Strathcona community, see what’s made in Strathcona and learn about the future vision of East Hastings. The event gives guests the chance to discover some of Vancouver’s most unique, innovative, and delicious businesses through demonstrations, panel discussions and networking. Some of Vancouver’s most unique businesses like Yolk’s Breakfast, The Butler Did It Catering, Postmark Brewing, Liquids + Solids, Homesteader’s Emporium, Sunrise Soya Foods, and many more will be showcasing their craft and process at this one-of-a-kind event.
The celebration will include a dialogue facilitated by Bob Rennie, in which key stakeholders and business owners of the area will share their vision on how they plan to revitalize East Hastings.
- 12:00PM – 12:20PM – Yolks’ Interactive Restaurant Demo
- 12:30PM – 12:50PM – VeloMetro’s Solar Powered Trike Showcase
- 1:00PM – 1:20PM – A.G.R.O. Roasters’ Interactive Café Demo
- 1:30PM – 2:20PM – Bob Rennie Facilitates a Panel Discussion with Local Business Owners
- 2:30PM – 2:50PM – Pat’s Pub’s Interactive Brewery Demo
The public is invited to come out to indulge in local food, drinks, and homemade goods and services while learning more about the historic area of Strathcona on June 13th from 11AM-3PM at MakerLabs.