The Scotiabank Dance Centre is a contemporary venue, with industrial fixtures, located in the heart of the downtown business district and close to public transport. The 32,000 sq ft, seven storey, glass-enclosed building houses five spacious studios and a production/performance studio, administrative offices and other facilities. All six studios are two stories high with sprung floors and air conditioning. Other features of the Dance Centre include a Boardroom with 16 chairs, table, wipe board and pin boards, projector screen and telephone. Wheelchair access throughout except for two studios on Level 4.
- Dining-Capacity: Depends on Studio (Range: 40-100)
- Reception-Capacity: Depends on Studio (Range: 40-200)
- separate fee schedule for events vs studio bookings (prices reflected on the website).
- no difference between low and high season or weekdays/weekends – the prices remain the same.
- Rental Hours: Based on availability of the studio
- Cutoff Time: 1am in the Marcuse/Zagar Studios, and 2am for the Faris Studio
- Availability Days: Depends on programming
- Kitchen: Yes
Events permitted in 3 studios:
- Mirna Zagar Studio
- Judith Marcuse Studio
- Faris Family Theatre.
*For Studio details & selection: see here
- Scotia Bank Dance Theatre Caterers