– with a Chantrelle Cream Sauce
This is a great way to impress guests, no one will know just how easy it is to make gnocchi!
- 1 lb yukon gold potatoes
- 250 ml flour
- 10 ml salt
- 1 egg
- Bake potatoes until tender and cooked
- While potatoes are still hot, put the flesh of the potatoes through a ricer into a bowl. If you do not have a ricer you can push the potatoes through a mesh sieve or mash them.
- Sprinkle flour and salt over the potatoes, mix until combined
- Add the egg and mix until combined
- Turn the dough onto a floured board and gently knead until smooth. Do not ovver knead or add too much flour or else your gnocchi will be tough.
- Roll dough into ropes and cut into inch long pieces.
- Roll pieces over the backside of a fork to create grooves.
* You can freeze gnocchi in a single layer at this point, once frozen transfer to bags and store in your freezer. When cooking frozen gnocchi do not defrost first, cook them while frozen.
- Drop gnocchi into a pot of boiling salted water.
- Pull gnocchi out as they float to the top.
- Toss with desired sauce.
Chantrelle Cream Sauce
- 1 shallot diced finely
- 15 ml butter
- 250 g chantrelles sliced in half
- 250 ml whipping cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter over medium heat, add shallot and sweat until translucent.
- Add mushrooms and cream, reduce until cream has thickened to sauce consistency. It should coat the back of a spoon.
Need more help? Watch the video demo.