/wp-content/uploads/2017/05/savoury-chef-foods-logo.png 0 0 Taryn /wp-content/uploads/2017/05/savoury-chef-foods-logo.png Taryn2006-07-27 21:49:092015-03-12 15:54:33Salmon with an Asian Broth
no images were found
This is a nice and light way to serve salmon. Adjust the spiciness to your taste.
- 4 – 6 oz. salmon fillets
- 4 tbs fish sauce
- 1 inch piece lemon grass, crushed
- 1 shallot
- 1-2 Thai red chillies
- 2 shitake mushrooms
- 2 c. baby spinach
- 1 small zucchini
- 2 c. chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1 tbs vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 1 tbs. lime juice
- Season the salmon with 2 tbs of fish sauce and set aside
- Finely slice the mushrooms, shallot and chillies. Wash the spinach and drain. Finely slice the zucchini lengthwise on a mandolin.
- Bring the stock to a boil, add the sugar, fish sauce, lemon grass, shallots, and chillies. Let simmer for 10 minutes. Add the sliced zucchini after 8 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sear the salmon for 2 minutes per side. Season with salt and pepper.
- Blanch the spinach in the hot broth just until wilted. Remove from broth and divide the spinach between four bowls. Place a piece of salmon on top of spinach.
- Add the lemon juice to the broth and adjust the seasoning. Remove the lemon grass. Pour broth around the salmon.