Savoury Chef Foods is proud to be part of Vancouver Aquarium’s Ocean Wise program in providing sustainable, ocean-friendly seafood choices.
To ensure the health of our oceans for future generations, it is important to maintain sustainable seafood consumption.
Sustainable Seafood is seafood based these primary guidelines:
- Status of Wild Seafood Population – Native stocks should be abundant enough to sustain fisheries.
- Fishing Methods Used – Preferred methods are used.
- Bycatch – Wasted catch of fish other than the targeted species.
- Impact on Natural Habitat – Spawning grounds, sea bottom, kelp beds all require protection.
- Management Initiatives – Which increase the odds of fisheries remaining sustainable.