We had engine trouble en-route from YVR to NYC so our connecting flight was grounded for the night in St.Paul’s Minneapolis…. disappointing news at first thought, but it turned into an amazing evening of meals at two top notch restaurants, and a very satisfying lunch at a local deli.
- Haut Dish – Classic Midwest Cuisine – Link
- Short Ribs and Taters
- Steak Tartare w/ Egg in a Brioche Hole, Oyster Shooter
- Charcuterie Plate – AMAZING.
- Minneapolis Mule , Bourbon
- Bar La Grassa – Wonderfully Simple Italian – http://www.barlagrassa.com/
- Ricotta Pizzette
- Orecchiette with Braised Rabbit
- Soft Eggs With Lobster
- Gorgonzola Radicchio Apple Prosciutto Salad
- Farfalle With Smoked Sweetbreads
- Bewiched Deli – http://bewicheddeli.com/
- Italian Hero Sandwich – mozza and giardiniera
- Smoked Turkey Burger with medjool dates and goat cheese
- Squash and Hen of the Woods Mushroom Soup
New York New York. – We miss you. The food is exceptional and diverse, the people are friendly (I don’t care what anyone tells you, they are), and the city is vibrant with energy.
Some of the highlights and recommendations. We visited a lot of museums, and hot spots but really the food is what everyone cares about!
- Pulino’s Bar and Pizzeria – http://pulinosny.com/
- Margherita Pizza
- Pulino’s Meatballs
- Bianca Tradizionale Pizza (mozza, pecorino, pepper, pork strutto)
- Broccoli Rabe
- THE BRESLIN BAR & DINING ROOM – http://www.thebreslin.com/
- I cannot say enough good things about this place! Great atmosphere and the food was top notch for it’s price point. Recently awarded 1 Michelin Star.
- Chargrilled lamb burger
- Oxtail and beef tongue in broth with pumpkin fritto
- Crab Salad Special
- Aldea Restaurant – http://www.aldearestaurant.com/
- 5 COURSE CHEF‟S TASTING with wines – Recently awarded 1 Michelin Star.
- ARROZ DE PATO
- SPANISH OCTOPUS “A LA PLANCHA”
- MUSSEL SOUP coconut, ginger/lemongrass, linguiça sausage
- Kushi Oyster
- CURED FOIE GRAS
- Some crazy dessert, cannot explain it, you just have to be there.
- Porchetta – http://www.porchettanyc.com/
- Classic Porchetta Sandwich – Proud and Plentiful.
- Ninth Street Expresso – http://www.ninthstreetespresso.com/
- Machiatto (esp).
- Uses Intelligentsia beans. Two choices of bean for espresso shots.
- FIKA – http://www.fikanyc.com/
- Swedish Coffee and Snacks
- Some interesting chocolates, and desserts, worth a visit if you enjoy FIKA! 😉
- Cercle Rouge Brasserie – http://www.cerclerougeresto.com/
- Great Brunch
- Cook Shop – http://nymag.com/listings/restaurant/cookshop/
- Rude Staff but GREAT brunch.
- Fried Egg Sandwich
- Grits and Pork Sausage
- Beignets with grape preserves and powdered sugar.
- Keen’s Steak House – http://www.keens.com/
- It would not have been a complete trip without a steak-house. Since 1882.
- Porter House for three
- Classic Caesar
- Beef Fat Fries
Ales and Blurry Nights – It was New York Craft Beer Week!
- Burb Castle – NYC – http://burpcastlenyc.wordpress.com/
- Belgium Beers, Free fries, monks and charm? It’s a winner.
- McSorleys Old Ale House – http://www.mcsorleysnewyork.com/
- Light or Dark? Communal Tables. Party in itself!
- Brooklyn Brewery – http://www.brooklynbrewery.com/
- The original!
Excuse the lack of photos, we ate too much.