If you are brave enough to take on the planning yourself and not hire the professional services of an event planner, or wedding planning service, (which we highly recommend), this page can offer some helpful links and general resources for every aspect of organizing an event.
We highly recommend booking an event venue prior to asking for a catering quote, or at least come forward with a general idea of which venue you are looking to book for your event. Many venues have different requirements for outside catering, so it is best that we quote accurately from the start.
Three Steps to Successful Event Planning
1 Know your guest count, and make sure the venue you choose has a bit of cushion in case the numbers increase closer to the date!
Finding the perfect venue is not an easy task. Our master list has some great ideas, but it’s always recommended to call and contact the venue you are interested in to have a tour of the facility. An event planner can help locate the perfect venue for your special event!
We have compiled an example timeline template, as well as a blank template.
Seating Chart Creator
This easy application is great for doing your seating charts for your event.
- Simple Seating Application – http://www.simpleseating.com/
Capturing the beauty that is your special day can be a big decision! As most photographers are booked a year in advanced, we recommend booking this part of your day very promptly.
- Shari & Mike Photographers
- James Moes – Seattle / Destination
- Brett Beadle
- Teryn Lee Photography
- Bebb Studios
- Shannyn Higgins Photography
- Stu-di-o by jeanie
- Blue Olive Photography
Special Event Licensing ( SOL ) & Alcohol
Please note that Savoury Chef Foods has a full service liquor license to be able to purchase, serve and transport alcohol for your event. If you do not wish to purchase alcohol from Savoury Chef Foods, the law requires you to obtain a Special Occasion License.
- BC Liquor Board – http://www.bcliquorstores.com/special-event-licensing
- Liberty Wine Merchants – http://www.libertywinemerchants.com/
Alcohol Amounts – Recommendation
We have created a wonderful alcohol calculator for you to use to get a rough estimate on the amount of alcohol required for your event.
We have worked with the following tent companies. All of which offer different types of services that are associated with the tents you wish to rent. For outdoor events, please make sure you remember that the Caterer must also have their own tent rented, which can usually be accomplished in a (20ftx20ft) or preferred (30ft x20ft) size tent.
- AardVark and Armadillo
- Pheonix Tentx
- AnB PartyTime Rentals
- Granville Island Florist
- Flower Factory
Decoration and Props
- Upright Decor Rentals & Event Design –
- Greenscape Design & Decor –
- Art Of The Party
- CanAm Importique
- Loungeworks Furniture Rental & Decor – http://www.loungeworks.ca/
Production services bring light sounds, and extra ordinary magic to your events. We have worked with the following.
- ShowMax Events – http://www.showmaxevents.com/
- SoundWerx – http://www.soundwerks.ca
- EventStar Services – http://www.eventstar.ca/
Tables Chairs & Linen – Rental Companies
- Lonsdale Event Rentals – http://www.lonsdaleevents.com
- Pedersens Rentals – http://pedersens.com/
- AnB PartyTime Rentals – http://www.abpartytime.com/
Outdoor / Portable Washrooms
Tuxedo Rentals / Custom Suits
- Wintons – http://www.wintons.ca/
Fans & Generators
When hosting outdoor events, you need power! As a rule of thumb, the caterers tent should never share a generator with the same one that will be powering lights, or music for the main dining tent. In the past a 3000w generator has worked perfectly for the catering tent needs.
- Dynamic Rentals – http://www.dynamic-rentals.com/contact.htm
- Bonnie MacKenzie – firstname.lastname@example.org – 604 681-1821
- MarryUs – http://www.marryus.ca/
To become part of our preferred resource list, please contact us to setup a meeting, and gather more information.